All of us automatically associate the image of an eagle to incredible qualities such as strength, courage, determination, focus and success! It’s not a coincidence that the bald eagle is the emblem of the United States of America. Having the Mindset of an Eagle is necessary to achieve those qualities.
An Eagle is consistent and they do not flock, you have to find them one at a time. Much like people!
When you meet an eagle (person) you know it right away by the way they carry themselves, their demonstration of good character and some people may even be intimidated by the Eagle.
So what does it mean to have an Mindset of an Eagle? Let’s take a look:
– “When a storm is coming all other animals seek shelter. The Eagle will avoid the storm by flying above it.” This is such an amazing analogy to life! We really do need to fly above the storms and don’t get caught up in all the “low level” drama. Eagles will not waste their time.
– “Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes.” Attitudes always will speak louder than words! So if you are trying to figure out if someone is an eagle or a chicken, take a good look at their attitudes.
– “Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.” As mentioned above, eagles do not flock, you have to find them one at a time. Great men and women are the same way, they build their empire daily in the solitude of their minds. They don’t easily associate themselves with just anybody they meet and they will take great caution to protect their “nest”.
– “Lone eagles, soaring in the clouds, fly with silent, peaceful poise, While turkeys, in their earth-bound crowds, fill the atmosphere with noise.” Eagles are always very consistent and decided, they don’t need to keep telling you their stories or making up excuses. If they say they will do something then you bet they will. So usually there’s no drama coming from them and they will not mix themselves with dramatic people.
– “A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on it’s wings.“ Now this is another great analogy because if you trust in yourself then you shouldn’t be worried about anything else! People will be worried about the economy, loosing their job to somebody else better and younger etc.. None of this matter if you are consistent, have unique qualities, skills and above all trust yourself.
– “Until they learned how to soar, they would fail to understand the privilege it was to have been born an Eagle” Some people may never know that they are an eagle because they never soared in life or are only surrounding themselves with chickens. Eagles will fail to fly high many times but they will catch themselves each time. Much like every successful person have gone trough failures and tough situations, in reality they are practicing to soar above everybody else.
– “Eagles have strong vision, which focuses up to 5 kilometers from the air. When an eagle sites prey- even a rodent from this distance, he narrows his focus on it and sets out to get it.” Beware of people you meet that have way too many different deals and lost their focus, those are not eagles. Eagles will focus and commit for a long time. Companies that have been in place for more than 20 years have only been able to do that because they had true eagle leadership. Always suspect of people who have changed from company to company, deal to deal, they are not eagles and are only after quick money.
– ” Eagles do not eat dead things. He feeds on fresh prey. Vultures eat dead animals but not eagles.” An eagle enjoys healthy competition and will be fair at all times. Eagles do not take advantage of others and are not interested in some quick easy way to make money, they want to earn it!
– “The Eagle tests before it trusts. When a female eagle meets a male and they want to mate, she flies down to earth with the male pursuing her and she picks a twig. She flies back into the air with the male still pursuing her. Once she has reached a height high enough for her, she lets the twig fall to the ground and watches it as it falls. The male chases after the twig. The faster it falls, the faster he chases until he reaches it and has to catch it before it falls to the ground, then bring it back to the female eagle. The female eagle grabs the twig and flies to a much higher altitude pursued by the male until she perceives it high enough, and then drops the twig for the male to chase. This goes on for hours, with the height increasing until the female eagle is assured that the male eagle has mastered the art of picking the twig which shows commitment, then and only then, will she allow him to mate with her!” Wow pretty incredible right? This is how we should all be weather is in business or private life, test commitment before partnership.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post and remember that you might be an eagle but you never know if you continue to surround yourself with chickens! Xoxo